She looks hot in shorts. And you keep wondering when will you lose thigh fat so you can spot a bikini. You have tried every diet under the sun, but the stubborn fat on your thighs don’t seem to budge. You want to lose thigh fat – thighs exercise that show results in week.
What exactly is the reason behind thunder thighs? A problem that most young women battle? Well it may be a result of hormonal imbalance. Improper diet, genes, lack of activity, pregnancy or a combination of all.
If you are clueless about how to go about it, we are here to help. In this article, we have listed the exercises that will help you burn thigh fat and build muscle. Then we move on to what you should eat and the lifestyle you should follow to maintain an overall healthy weight.
First, let’s get to the root of this problem.
Why far Accumulates in The Thighs?
Primarily, fat gets deposited in the thighs due to the female hormones. If you have an abnormal menstrual cycle or experience unpleasant bleeding. It is probably because either estrogen or progesterone is being under-produced or overproduced. These hormones are produced in the ovaries, and fat cells accumulate when there is an imbalance in the hormone levels.
The Slim Thigh Test
How do you know whether you have extra flab in your thighs or if it is all in your head? Do a slim thigh test at home . Here’s how you can do it.
Pinch you thighs. If you can catch hold of a good amount of tissues, it means that your thigh muscles are covered with too much fat tissues. You also can use fat measurement caliper to know how much fat has accumulated in your thighs. If your body is more than 25% as compared to other components, it’s time you lose extra pounds.
How To Lose Thigh Fat?
1: Exercises For Slim Thighs
A: Leg Up
This is a good thigh exercise. It will help you shed fat from the lower body therefore you need to start with smart leg up to lose thigh fat.
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Keep your palm on the side facing the floor and relax.
- Lift both the legs at about a 30-degree angle from the ground.
- Hold for about five seconds. Slowly bring the legs down to the floor.
- Repeat these 10 times.
B: Leg Stretch
This stretching exercise will ensure proper blood circulation. You can feel it as soon as you do at least three sets. many time you can go with alternate day practice to lose thigh fat fast. But my recommendation will be a regular exercise for months.
- Sit upright with your legs joined and stretched.
- Slowly move the leg apart as far as you can.
- Now, breath in as you bend right to touch the toes of the fight foot with both your hands.
- Tyr to touch the knees with your head. Relax and hold for five seconds.
- Slowly lift your head up and bring your hands to each of your pelvis. Breathe out while doing so.
- Do this of the left side.
- Repeat this 10 times.
C: Air Cycling
An effective way to lose fat from the thighs. Air cycling also takes care of your pelvic and knee joints. You may say that this will not work on lose thigh fat but try it and see the its real work.
- Lie on your back and face the ceiling.
- Lift your legs up to 90 degrees.
- Start moving your legs as if you are cycling in the forward direction.
- Do this for 1 minute and then slowly put down your legs and relax.
- Move your leg up to 90 degree and start air cycling in the backward direction for 1 minute.
- Repeat the set 5 times.
Lunges are the perfect exercise for your inner thighs. They also take care of the gluteal muscles and help shed a few extra pounds from your buttock as well. This is the best option to lose thigh fat.
- Stand strait with your feet about 3 centimeters apart.
- Hold thigh weights.
- Step forward with your right leg and bend your left leg to come to a “proposing” position.
- Do this with left leg.
- Repeat the set 10 times.
E: Trace the Alphabets
- Lie down on your back and face the ceiling.
- Lift your right leg straight up and start tracing A-Z with it.
- Do this with your left leg as well.
- Breathe and relax in between.
F: table Top Cross Over
This exercise will help you lose fat from your outer and inner thighs.
- Lie down on your back and face the ceiling.
- Lift your body up by supporting your body weight with your limbs, creating a “table” shape.
- Lift your leg up. Simultaneously, raise your left hand and touch the toes on your right foot.
- Repeat the same for the left leg.
- Repeat this for 20 times.
G: Scissor Kick
This will work your thighs and buttock muscles and tone them as well.
- Lie strait on the mat, hold up your head by placing the palms of your hand behind your head.
- Lift your leg slowly and keep both the legs straight.
- Now, vertically move them apart, them together, and again move them apart.
- Repeat 15 times with each leg.
Do this only when you have lost a good amount of fat from your thighs.
This exercise helps to build muscles. Without losing the fat, if you build muscle, you may actually end up making your thighs look bigger.
- Stand with your shoulders relaxed and your legs apart your toes outward.
- Keep your upper body strait, inhale and slowly lower your buttock till you come to a sitting position.
- Hold for about 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat this 10 times.
I: cardiovascular Exercises
Cardiovascular exercises can be very effective in slimming your thighs. These include working out on cardio equipment like a stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical trainer, etc. half an hour of cardio for at least five days in a week helps a lot in slimming down the lower body and maintaining a healthy body weight.
Running slims down your thighs and reshape your legs. It is an effective exercise for people with big thigh muscles by reducing excess fat. Endurance running with little or no incline can trim down your thighs. If it appears difficult, you can also use an elliptical trainer with little or no resistance. Ensure that you maintain the correct posture on the elliptical trainer to lessen the strain on your quadriceps ( front of thighs), thus preventing your thigh size from going up. Running on an incline should be considered as it can burn more calories than on a flat surface.
K: Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercises help in burning fat on your inner thighs and the rest of the body as well. Certain exercises like stair climbing, brisk walking, running and dancing increase the heart rate and work out your thighs muscles. Hence, make it a point to indulge in aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day for five days in a week.
L: Resistance Training
You can turn to strength training after you lost some weight from the thighs to make them well defined. Often, it happens that after losing weight, your thighs and legs lack proper shapes. A program Resistance training makes tour thigh muscles harder, stronger and more defined.it also prevent your thigh muscles from getting large in size. Weights should be kept moderately light to prevent your thigh muscles from getting bigger. Those with highly perspective muscles (mesomorphs) should avoid such exercises as their thigh muscles are already well toned.
M: Abduction machines
Abduction machines are found in most gyms, and they focus on exercising your inner thighs. You can start off by placing your inner thighs on the padded levers and feet on the footrest. Ensure that there is enough resistance to make your abductor burn. Squeezing your legs together, hold and extend out to the starting position. Three sets of 20 repetition should be performed.
You can consider liposuction if all your efforts to lose thigh fat accumulation have failed. It involves lose thigh fat under the skin with a cannula and vacuum. However, this procedure can be performed on fit individuals who have stubborn fat and not those who are overweight.
To lose thigh fat you have to lose overall body fat. Physical activity targeted for thigh slimming should be supported by healthy foods.
In the next section, we shall discuss what you should eat and avoid to reduce your thigh fat.